Chicago Tea Party website:http://officialchicagoteaparty.com/ Michael Patrick Leahy, February 22, 2009, 21:07 We now have confirmed that there will be Nationwide Chicago Tea Party events at 25 cities around the country at noon EST on Friday February 27.
We have over 1,000 people planning to attend already ! You can find an event in your area by clicking on one of the links at the right.
If you can't find an event in your area, start one by leaving a comment here and creating an event on Facebook. To find the Facebook Event that links all 25 nationwide events together, log on, and then search events using "Nationwide Chicago Tea Party". You're looking for the event created by Amy.
Montesquieu of Free Republic reports: ***Calling all Mississippians!!! TEA PARTY to be held in downtown Jackson. Looking for organizers and participants.***
-- posted earlier today-- Things to keep in mind!!
The internet is abuzz with chatter about organizing protests around the country to put an end to this madness on Wall Street and Pennsylvania Avenue. But Iâ€™ve talked to many people out there who have never organized a protest, and so they donâ€™t have a clue where to begin.
Here are 10 simple steps that you can follow to organize a protest in your own community. If you want more help, just send me an email at email@example.com and Iâ€™ll work with you one on one to help make your protest a success.
1. Pick a location, date and time in your town. Iâ€™d suggest main street at an intersection with lots of traffic.
2. Tell your friends, family, co-workers and everyone else you know about the protest. Build an rsvp email list so that you can provide quick updates if something changes. You should also create a facebook group so that the group can communicate with one another.
3. Make 5-10 signs with legible slogans that send a clear message to the public and the media. Write in BIG LETTERS.
4. Call your local talk radio hosts and ask them to announce the location, date and time on the air for a few days leading up to the protest. Send a letter to the editor of your local newspaper announcing the protest. Email the bloggers in your area and ask them to post a notice about the protest.
5. Write a press release and email, mail and fax copies to the local tv stations, radio stations and newspapers. Call the reporters that cover local events or politics and leave messages on their voice mail.
6. On the day of your protest, show up with your group, be loud, visible, happy and engage the public. Wave your signs, make lots of noise and move around to get attention. If reporters interview you, give them some good sound bytes for their stories. Stay on message and keep your answers short and coherent.
7. Bring sign-in sheets to capture the names, emails and phone numbers of everyone who attends the protest and/or says that they support what you are doing. You will then have a big list of people that can plan the next, much bigger and louder, event. Also bring handouts with one page of quick facts about why you are protesting in the first place.
8. Add your pictures, video and an after-action report to your facebook group, and send this stuff to the bloggers and reporters that you originally contacted. Ask them to post the photos, story and video.
9. Thank everyone who attended via email and phone, and set up a meeting to plan your next event. Now you have a list of people in your community that can help make the next protest huge. Encourage everyone to commit to bring at least one friend to the next protest.
10. Organize a carpool and go find a friend in your neighboring town or county and help them organize a protest there. You and your people are now veterans and should be able to keep the momentum going around your area.
Email me if you have any questions or want some ideas for signs. firstname.lastname@example.org
It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in peopleâ€™s minds. â€” Samuel Adams
Gateway Pundit reports: OK a St. Louis Tea Party is planned for Friday: St. Louis area conservatives will host a protest against the Obama Generational Theft Act this Friday at 11 AM at the steps of the St. Louis Gateway Arch.
Bill Hennessey organized the rally. It was announced tonight on The Dana Show. Patrick Leahy of Top Conservatives on Twitter and Dana discussed this Tea Party wave.
Time and Place Date: Friday, February 27, 2009 Time: 11:00am - 12:00pm Location: The Steps of Arch Street: Wharf Street City/Town: Saint Louis, MO
Here's the Facebook Page for details. Contact email email@example.com
Pajamas TV set up a Tea Party protest page. Michelle Malkin has more on the movement.
Free Republic Report on Orlando Tea Party We have secured the Ampitheater at Lake Eola for Saturday, March 21 from 12:00 - 2:00. Bud Hedinger is on board. We have been contacted by Lloyd Marcus who is a conservative, patriotic singer, song writer and entertainer. He is on board as well and will be performing. There are many other plans in the works. So clear your calendars and spread the word. We are going to have a Tea Party! We are going to need to ask for some help with funding the event. We will be forwarding to you our website link which will be completed this afternoon. The website will have all needed information, updates and Paypal account for contributions for the event. Thank you for your patience and support
Free Republic: Tea Party, Suffolk County New York Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 10:48:32 PM by jdfromny
Earlier today I posted a tread about patriot Michelle Malkin's notification of a nationwide call to protest known as The Chicago Tea Party.
I cannot make it the NYC protest do to the fact that I must work.
I will be doing my part for my children and country on the north side of the Smith Haven Mall, on the side of Rte. 347 (near John Harvard's) if anyone from Long Island would like to join me.
I suggest that the webmasters of this site help assist the membership by setting up State Tea Party threads.
Best of luck brothers and sisters. God Bless America while she endures this assault by the left.