The fundamental premise of humanism is the lie first whispered to Eve in the Garden, that is, the idea of humanity as deity expressed by ascribing to man attributes of the living God. Man is sovereign (morally autonomous) and characterized by the supremacy of his omniscient reason, mystical mind-powers, and intuition. He is morally perfect, for he stands beyond good and evil. He is not fallen from perfection, rather he is evolving ever upward away from his ape ancestry toward perfection, therefore he needs no personal Savior. (Rev. 3:1---the Spiritually Dead Religion of Humanism http://patriotsandliberty.com/?p=17832 ) There are many humanist philosophies and "religions" that begin with the same premise. For example: Marxism, fascism, secular humanism, transhumanism, scientific materialism, Illumined Theosophy, atheism, occult spiritual New Age and Satanism.
Satanism is a type of humanism and between it and the others are many similarities:
1. Satanists and Humanists disavow the Fall, which in practical terms means that Lucifer never fell and is therefore not the devil. Thus Satanists claim that the devil is merely the invention of Christianity while other humanists laud Lucifer as the first free thinker, the Garden's liberator of mankind, bringer of illumination, the brother of Jesus, man's genetic creator, evolution's seething energy and the angel of evolution.
2. Both Satanists and Humanists are practitioners of black magic, the primary power of which is 'the lie.' There is for example the lies of propaganda, the lie that God is dead, the lie that man evolved from the ape, the lie that heaven and hell do not exist. If you believe the lies then liars have power over your will and mind.
Black magic is the ancient practice whose goal was to acquire power over other men by unpatterning or uncreating creation. Itsâ€™ methods, said J. Budziszewski, author of â€œWhat We Canâ€™t Not Know,â€ are forms of goetia.....black magic. (p. 198)
Goetia is the Big Lie in practice. It works by a process of inversion, that is, it elevates the lower order of creation (the natural dimension) over the Higher Order (heavenly or supernatural realm) of the living God. It works like this:
The material or natural dimension over the supernatural, certain highly evolved men and an all-powerful god-state over God the Father and all other men, evolutionary cosmogony over the Genesis account (creation ex nihilo), moral relativism over Godâ€™s eternally unchanging Moral Law, apes and nature over the faceless masses, collectivism over individuality, meaninglessness over meaning, evil over good, dark over light, lie over truth, unnatural over natural, disorder over order, and grey matter (brain) over spirit (mind).
This is the black magic spell cast by humanistsâ€“scientific materialists, secular humanists, Satanists, etc. over all who believe the lies. The minds of all who reject God the Father, embrace evolutionary thinking and who have either forgotten or accept that they have neither souls nor minds have been captured and locked up in a psychic cage.
3.About Christian theists, Anton Szander LaVey's Satanic Bible states, "Cursed are the gazers toward a richer life beyond the grave, for they shall perish amidst plenty. Blessed are the destroyers of false hope, for they are the true messiahs. Cursed are the god-adorers for they shall be shorn sheep."
The Humanist Manifesto II likewise declares: "We believe that traditional dogmatic or authoritarian religions that place revelation, God, ritual or creed above human needs and experience do a disservice to the human species. As non-theists, we begin with humans not God, nature not deity."
4. Concerning immortal salvation the Satanic Bible states: "I dip my forefinger in the watery blood of your impotent mad redeemer and write over his thorn-torn brow: The true prince of evil - the king of the slaves!"
In a similar vein, the Humanist Manifesto declares: "Promises of immortal salvation or fear of eternal damnation are both illusory and harmful"
5. About the living God's Moral Law the Satanic Bible says: "There is nothing inherently sacred about moral codes. Like the wooden idols of long ago, they are the work of human hands and what man has made, man can destroy!"
Man can unmake Moral Law, therefore, "Ethics is autonomous and situational...." according to the Humanist Manifesto II.
6. There is no heaven or hell. All that exists is the here and now, therefore, "I break away from all conventions that do not lead to my earthly success and happiness," said LaVey in his Satanic Bible.
Parroting LaVey, Humanist Manifesto II states: "We strive for the good life here and now."
7. With regard to man's sovereignty, LaVey declares, "No creed must be accepted upon authority of a "divine" nature. Religions must be put to the question. No moral dogma must be taken for granted - no standard of measurement deified."
The Humanist Manifesto similarly states: We reject all religious, ideological or moral codes that denigrate the individual, suppress freedom, dull intellect, dehumanize personality. In the area of sexuality, we believe that intolerant attitudes, often cultivated by orthodox religions and puritanical cultures, unduly repress sexual conduct. The right to birth control, abortion and divorce should be recognized. It also includes a recognition of an individuals right to die with dignity, euthanasia and the right to suicide."
Behind black magic (the power of the Lie) is the spirit of a darkened soul attacking, oppressing and even trying to take possession of the mind and will of other human spirits, thus Athanasius said the truth about evil,
â€œâ€¦..is that it originates, and resides, in the perverted choice of the darkened soulâ€¦â€ (Against the Heathen, New Advent)
What does God have to say about black magic?
Thus saith the Lord,
"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!" Isaiah 5:20
Therefore repent and,
"Wash yourselves, make yourself clean. Put away the evil of your doings from before My eyes. Cease to do evil. Learn to do good." Isaiah 1:16-17